These Grilled Asparagus are crispy on the outside and loaded with zesty flavors and parmesan cheese. Easy and delicious, they’re a sure-fire cookout hit!
Asparagus must be one of the easiest vegetables to cook out there. They don’t need much to make them delicious!
How to choose good Asparagus
When buying fresh asparagus at the grocery store, select stalks that are firm but tender. Wilting asparagus have seen better days and won’t cook well.
The end of the stalks should be moist and plump. Stay away from ends that look dry, cracked, or “woody”. These are no bueno 😉
- Fresh Asparagus, ends trimmed as pictured below.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt & Pepper to taste ( I love to use Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. It does make a difference!)
- Lemon zest
- Shredded Parmesan
- Outdoor grill, indoor skillet grill or even just a regular skillet for those times that you can’t grill outdoors.
How To Grill Asparagus:
- Start by cutting the dried ends of the asparagus and toss with oil, salt, and pepper.
2. Preheat the grill to medium-high, and arrange asparagus crosswise on grill grate and grill covered.
3. Rotate a couple of times to ensure even cooking. They only take about 5 minutes to cook!
Alternative cooking methods:
When I can’t use the grill, asparagus can also be cooked
- On a hot skillet. The cooking time would be the same time as if they were grilled.
- Roast them in the oven at 400 degrees until the tips are toasty and brown. About 10 to 12 minutes.
Once they’re cook, just toss your asparagus with the lemon zest and shredded parmesan cheese.
MORE OF MY Favorite…
- ½ lb fresh asparagus - ends trimmed
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt & black pepper to taste
- zest of ½ lemon
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan - or more to taste
- Preheat grill to medium-high
- Toss the asparagus with oil, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange asparagus crosswise on grill grate and grill covered, turning often until tender. About 5 minutes.
- Remove asparagus from grill and toss with lemon zest and parmesan cheese