- 250g caster sugar
- 8 medium eggs
- 250g flour
- 50g butter
For the filling:
- 500ml cream to cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar
- mixed seasonal berries such as strawberries, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries and redcurrants
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 ° C and brush with fat and flour two round cake pans.
- Put sugar and eggs in a bowl, heat resistant, and this in turn over a pot of hot water. Beat with a whisk or mixer until warm all over, then remove the bowl from the pot of water and continue mixing another 10 minutes. The mixture will double in volume and should fall in ribbons when left to run on tel.
- Melt the butter until it begins to become golden (called noisette Beurre), then Zoar slowly (like mayonnaise) in egg mixture and sugar, stirring with the mixer still after that will incorporate the flour sifted but equally, each one tablespoon at a time, so that the mixture remains as fluffy and grow properly.
- Divide mixture into two trays and leave them baking for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean. Then allowed to cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove to a wire grill.
- Once ready for serving, beat cream with vanilla until it becomes cream. Carefully cut each dough in half horizontally, resulting in four equal countertops.
- To assemble the cake, place the first countertop supported on the cake, spread a layer of whipped cream, berries one and another one followed by the second countertop cream and repeat the procedure. When you reach the top crust, cover it with whipped cream and berries – you let some complete with pigtails and a few leaves as decoration – as you like. Drizzle a little powdered sugar on top and let it cool.