STRAWBERRY & ELDERFLOWER GRANITA
This deliciously refreshing strawberry granita is sweetened with elderflower cordial. It is very easy to make and makes a very elegant dessert.
Gloria: The Greedy Vegan
Recipe type: Dessert
There is also a small amount of peach in this recipe that can not quite be tasted, which is why it isn’t in the title but it adds substantial sweetness. You can easily replace the quantity of peaches with strawberries but you might have to add sweetener.
- 500g strawberries
- 250g peaches
- ½ lemon, with peel
- 500 ml elderflower cordial
- Clean the strawberries and peaches and add the with the halved lemon to a food processor or high speed blender and process until very smooth.
- Add the elderflower cordial and run for a few more seconds.
- Pour the liquid into an ice cream machine and churn. Follow the instructions of your ice cream maker.
- Pour the mass from the ice cream machine into a freezer friendly container and cover with a wax paper.
- Freeze for at least 3-5 hours but you will get the best results if it is left overnight.